You will support the accounting function: from invoicing, managing expenses and cash, to budgeting, reporting and forecasting.
What will you do?
● Liaise with external accountants and auditors to ensure that the accounting process runs smoothly and consistently
● Spearhead the internalization of accounting and the R2R process in Portugal
● Analyse expense submissions, classify documents, support the invoicing cycle and assist with tax queries
● Work closely with the Finance Manager ensuring the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable process flow adequately
● Participate in and propose ad-hoc projects with impact in overall finance function, such as supplier selection, pricing discussions, tax assistance, among others.
What do we expect from you?
● Fluent English language skills
● Passion for finance analytics and strategy, and good business acumen
● Solid and versatile track record in finance support processes, legalities and decision making (e.g. audit, tax, accounting, reporting)
● Knowledge of different finance systems and tools (software, apps, MSExcel, online reporting platforms)
● BSc or MSc in Accounting, Economics, General Management or other relevant field will be valued
● Be a team member with excellent verbal and written communication skills to interface with different stakeholders and partners, and collaborate in a cross-functional and international team environment
● Effectively meet the strategic goals and operational efficiencies and tasks set by you and the Head of Finance.
● Keep learning: learn new technologies/techniques and trends, and don’t be afraid of trying something new.
What do we offer?
● A startup environment, where you will see the company (and yourself) grow beyond a mid-size team to become a worldwide leader in the field (some people call it ambition, we call it focus)
● A nurturing environment at Founders Founders, right next to some of the top startups in Porto, Portugal
● The opportunity of leading the operations of a growing Finance department and team
● Flexible working hours, competitive salary and perks.