Infraspeak develops the most efficient, flexible and user-friendly software to excel at facility and asset management.
We use the most advanced web, mobile and IoT technologies to radically increase control and productivity of our customers, reducing bureaucracy, risks and costs.
We were born in Porto, Portugal, but in just a few years in the market we are growing fast, having already hundreds of customers in 3 continents and world’s leading investors from Portugal, United Kingdom and the USA, so we want to invest in our team to keep growing.
- We believe in meritocracy, holacracy and ownership.
- We believe only great teams can build great products (and that customers are part of our team)
- We believe happiness is in the path, not at the end of it.
- Everything we do must be simpler and smarter.
What are we building?
We are revolutionizing the Facility Management industry by building a platform composed of several web and mobile applications and REST services build on top of Laravel, Vue.js, and Kotlin.
The Engineering department is composed of several cross-functional teams focused on delivering a high-quality product with a World Class execution. We are fans of TDD, DDD, and CI/CD, and we believe those are critical for our future. Most of all, we are building a team of curious people who like to learn and push each other forward.
The ideal candidate must be people-driven, tech-savvy, and self-organized, a servant leader who supports engineers and feels their successes as his success.
What will you do?
- Manage several engineers across different engineering teams.
- Work closely with our Engineering Manager and Head of Engineering.
- Build a culture of trust and feedback with regular 1-on-1s.
- Promote a culture of learning and a growth mindset.
- Design career and learnings paths to support your teams' growth.
- Interview, hire, onboard, and off-board engineers.
- Evaluate the health status and performance of your people and teams.
- Support the growth of new teams and act as a team lead when needed.
- Work together with Product Managers, Back-end, Front-end, QA, Mobile, and SRE engineers to plan scope, resolve dependencies, and find solutions for the business challenges we face.
- Contribute to the vision and strategy of the engineering department regarding culture, process, and architecture.
- Manage releases, tech debt, and quality of the product.
- Communicate with external stakeholders (C-level executives, investors, and other departments).
- Define budgets, salaries, progressions, among others.
- Speak English, be a team member, and servant leader.
- Become a brand ambassador.
Who are we looking for?
- A technical leader experienced in managing engineering teams.
- At least 7+ years of experience building REST APIs, web and/or mobile applications at scale.
- Experience in growing teams of 20+ engineers.
- An engineer with a people-driven mindset.
- A good coach and communicator.
- An eternal student, always eager to learn more.
- Nice to have: Experience in scaling fast-growing products is a great plus.
- Nice to have: Competent engineer in 1 of the following areas: Mobile, Infrastructure, AI/ML
What do we offer?
- Flexible working hours and remote friendly culture
- Competitive salary and perks
- Modern office with everything you need, located in central Porto
- A startup environment, where you will see the company (and yourself) grow beyond a dozen people to a worldwide reference in the field (some people call it ambition, we call it focus)
- A balanced work environment where you will have autonomy, responsibility, ownership and freedom to make mistakes and to learn from them
- Regular events to promote knowledge sharing and team engagement.